Friday, September 10, 2010

Change gon' come

You may notice that the blog title recently...(like a few minutes ago) has changed it's name. I'm going from "The Unemployed Entrepreneur" to being "Unemployed but Empowered."

I did this change for two reasons:
  • 1. I found out, through a google search, that there is already an "Unemployed Entrepreneur" in existence. Much success to them and their endeavors, but I don't like to be like everyone else, so a name change had to happen and fast. Unfortunately, I'll have to slowly phase out the original link address until all of the 250 business cards I recently purchased at Vistaprint are finished (I'm so ambitious).

  • 2. I'm going to start changing my thinking and my outlook on life. I'm not just an unemployed entrepreneur. Through starting my own business in a down economy and remaining focused and optimistic while searching for that part-time or full-time job, I'm empowering myself and my future. Plus the purpose/ goal of this blog is to empower and inspire readers to go forth and realize their dreams.

What did I learn from this? Do your research and roll with the punches. You live and you learn and then you get better.

So there you have it. I'm making a change for the better. Not just for the blog which is only a couple weeks old now, but also for myself and for you, the reader.

"Grant me the courage to change the things I can change, the serenity to accept the things I can't change, and the wisdom to know the difference."
       --Reinhold Niebuhr's serenity prayer

The Unemployed (but Empowered) Entrepreneur

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment!!!!!