Monday, November 29, 2010

Motivational Monday: Trip Hawkins

Happy Monday people! I hope everyone had an eventful family and food filled holiday. I hope you were able to take sometime out to think of the things that you are thankful for this year and what you want to be thankful for next year. With a long holiday comes an even longer work week. If you are a student, you don't have that long until Christmas break. If you are unemployed, with holidays comes more available jobs, and if you are an entrepreneur comes the time to gear up for the beginning of another eventful fiscal year.

Speaking of entrepreneurs...I was reading Entrepreneur magazine yesterday and found the perfect quote to sum up following your dreams and doing what makes you happy whether it's working for a particular company or working for yourself.

The following quote is from Mr. Trip Hawkins, the founder and CEO of Digital Chocolate and former founder of EA (Electronic Arts). It spoke to me because recently I have had several conversations with some friends about how people are really quick to tell you what your dreams should be instead of encouraging what they will be. It gets to the point where these people, your parents, family, or friends begin to decrease the value of your faith in yourself.


"Entrepreneurs will always be surrounded by people who think you're nuts. In high school, even my mom said to me, 'I'd always hoped you'd do something more socially redeeming than games.' I wasn't bothered because I had faith in my ideas and confidence in my creative capacity. The number of obstacles are infinite and if you don't have that degree of faith, you should just not bother."
              -Trip Hawkins

Yes, the obstacles that come with going forward with your goals, passions, and dreams are numerous, but like Mr. Hawkins says it's your degree of faith in what you want to do that will help you reach further than you ever thought possible.

The Unemployed [but Empowered] Entrepreneur

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment!!!!!