Monday, May 9, 2011

Motivational Monday: On Life

So...my grandmother died this weekend.

I can't really describe to you how I feel about it because I am not sure how exactly I feel. I know I'm sad of course because the last time I saw her I think I was 7 years old. I'm disappointed because I have been saying to myself for like the last year "I have got to see my grandmother soon." and now the reality is slowly hitting me that I will NEVER get to see her alive again. I'm strong looking after my mother as the news broke; she is slowing feeling better but she cried alot and my aunt....is still hysterical. I'm feeling okay, but slightly indifferent. I feel a combination of alot of things, but mostly what I feel is the need to live however I want to live as best as I can live it.

After the shock wore off, I have come to terms with the fact that death is real. Before my grandmother passed, I had an almost child-like view of death since no one in my family has died that I knew closely. Granted it's still a bit child-like, but now I realize that we have to live life because we only get one.

This Monday's Motivational quote is about life and living it...in honor of my grandmother, Kathleen Francis.

"When I stand before God at the end of my life, I would hope that I would not have a single bit of talent left, and could say, "I used everything you gave me."
       -Erma Bombeck"

The Unemployed Entrepreneur

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment!!!!!