7 Tips Your Business Can Learn from Oprah (via Inc.):
- Give back to your fans. How could we all forget Oprah's Favorite Things? "You get a car! You get a car! You get a car!"
- Take risks and get attention. Taking risks is essentially what entrepreneurs do. Oprah said the only gamble she ever took was when she bet on herself...and guess what? She won. BIG!
- Explore new verticals. Did you know Oprah started off as a news anchor before she became a television host? Her brand is now a multimedia platform with a television network, production, magazine, and apps.
- Reveal your personal story. Personally I think the thing that makes us love Oprah and admire her is her ability to connect with people through her personal stories. She's relateable and seems like a great friend and associate to know. It's hard to find and trust people like that in business nowadays.
- Get celebrities on your side. It's all about WHO you know, but also about WHO KNOWS YOU.
- Become an influencer. The best leaders are the ones who can influence others to action. You can't tell me that Oprah doesn't encourage you to want to be the best version of yourself in life and in business.
- Know when to quit. Always have a good exit strategy. You will be better remembered and sorely missed when you leave at your peak.
Oprah is a lot of things to a lot of people, but the one thing that you cannot deny that she is is great.
The Unemployed Entrepreneur