Monday, September 26, 2011

Motivational Monday: What do you believe in?

This week seemed to be one of those weeks where my belief and value systems were genuinely tested. If you've been watching the news, there have been a slew of situations that have been going on in America. Occupy Wall Street Protests. The Jobs Debates. One of the many cases included the injustice of Troy Davis. I live in Georgia, for those that don't know. This case was near to my heart. I am not sure if Mr. Davis committed the crime that he was eventually sentenced to death for, but I am sure that he was sentenced to death unfairly. This post isn't about the case but really about fighting for what you believe in. What are your values? What do you stand for?


On that Wednesday, the day of his execution, I was down at that prison. I protested. I shouted. I screamed. I cried. I prayed. I fought because I believe in serving justice and being fair. Sometimes, I wonder if we as humans have anything to believe in anymore. I wonder if we even value the life of the next person, whether we know them or not. This world seems so cruel and chaotic that it's hard to not just believe in something but fight for that belief without being persecuted or bullied. It is my opinion that having a belief and fighting for that belief is a part of what makes us who we are. It's a part of our value system.


That Wednesday, I really came to understand who I am and what I stood for...


This week's Motivational Monday is about fighting for your believes and finding yourself.



This post is dedicated to the memory of Troy Davis and all the other souls who have been unfairly and unjustly put to death.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment!!!!!