Monday, October 24, 2011

Motivational Monday: Don't be afraid of your light

Do you know someone who has aspirations to become the next big thing or to discover the next great idea? Although they are full of intentions, they just can't seem to get to the point they hope to be. They are often full of excuses and seem to be riddled with fear that causes them to be paralyzed. Is this person close to you? Maybe a friend, family member, or even yourself? Most people say the reason they haven't tried to make their dreams a reality is because they are afraid of the unknown. The darkness that exists with taking major risks and making important decisions is too great to even take the initial leap.

But when you think about it, is it really the fear of the dark (i.e. the unknown) that prevents people from being their best self? OR is it the fear that they will actually succeed? Is it the fear that we were able to dream big and act bigger that causes to not act at all? Sometimes I have this fear myself. I have this fear that all of my big dreams have the possibility of coming true should I decide to act upon them. Then I think to myself "what are you afraid of? what is the worst that can happen?" I myself am more comfortable being uncomfortable (challenging the way things are, doing things differently) than I am being comfortable. This mentality is what prevents me from allowing the fear of attaining success to consume me and I walk into the light that I shine confident that I at least tried.

So this one is for you. The ones who are really afraid of the mere possibility that the future, your dreams, your goals are a possibility. Don't be afraid of your light and certainly don't allow anyone to blow out your light.

"It is our light, not our darkness, that we are most afraid of."
       -Marianne Williamson

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment!!!!!