Tuesday, December 13, 2011

9 of 18 tricks to make new habits stick via Lifehack

If you read yesterday's Motivational Monday Post, then you know that it takes approximately 21 days to form a new habit. You also know, that I think instead of waiting until the new year comes in to start your resolutions, you should start your resolutions now so that they become habits before New Years'. I'm sure you're wondering to yourself, "Okay, I know what (good) habit I want to start, but I need some help on getting started or staying motivated."

I read this really good article from Lifehack that provides some really good tips on sticking to your new habits. Some of those tips included:
  • Start simple. Don't try to completely change your life in one day...
  • Get a buddy. They'll keep you accountable and motivated. PLUS, you can swap tidbits and advice with them.
  • Be Imperfect. Try your best, but expect a few bumps along the way.
  • Use "but" to turn negative thoughts into positive and motivating ones. Example: I just can't give up this [insert bad habit here], but I know in the end I will be the better for it.
  • Remove temptation. No explanation necessary.
  • Write it down. Writing makes your ideas more clear and causes you to focus on the end result.
  • Stay Consistent. Consistency saves...Complacency kills.
  • Spend time with role models. Spend more time with the people whose habits you want to mirror.
  • MOST IMPORTANTLY: Do it for yourself.

Butt Kick Pictures, Images and Photos

And if you still need a good kick in the bottom, here is the complete list of 18 tricks to make new habits stick (via Lifehack)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment!!!!!