Friday, September 24, 2010

Keeping the Faith

I just left a meeting to do some freelance work for an associate of mine. I really admire this woman. For someone who is from the old school, she is profound in the new school of business and entrepreneurship. As we were sitting at Atlanta Bread Co. talking about what she needs me to create and some potential events to plan, I was humbled by the great things she said about me and the encouragement she gave me to continue to follow my dreams. I told her how it seems like my mom doesn't really understand my drive for corporate freedom and entrepreneurship and sometimes I don't think she takes me seriously. This woman told me, "Regardless of what anyone thinks about your goals and your dreams, remember they are YOUR goals and dreams."

She was absolutely right. I would love for my mom to understand me and support my endeavors more, but I have to remind myself that I am not doing this for her approval, I am doing this for myself and my future. I was just amazed and thankful that someone who isn't my family has so much belief in my endeavors with only seeing a glimpse of what I've been doing.

Our meeting led me to realize something. There are a couple of things that will happen when you realize you are on the right track that doesn't even have to do with an influx of clients, customers, or money. You know you are on to something when A. strangers start to believe in your dreams as much as you do and B. when opportunities seemingly start to fall into your lap.

That is where I am now. No, the business isn't quite self-sufficient just yet, but now with glimpses of what it will be, I know I am on the right track.

"Keep your dreams alive. Understand to achieve anything requires faith and belief in yourself, vision, hard work, determination, and dedication. Remember all things are possible for those who believe."
       -Gail Deevers

When it seems like things aren't looking up and you are just about ready to quit. Don't forget to keep the faith. One day your naysayers are going to be your biggest supporters, it just takes them a little longer to jump on the bandwagon.

The Unemployed [but Empowered] Entrepreneur

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment!!!!!