Monday, September 20, 2010

Motivation Monday: William Faulkner

This quote is by far my all time favorite quote. So much so it is the signature in my personal emails. Every day we feel like we are in competition with other entrepreneurs, other businesses, our peers, and the economy. We feel like we need to be better than them to be successful or get to our next step, but what this quote states is that instead of trying be better than those around us to succeed we need to try to be better than ourselves...be our own competition.

william faulkner Pictures, Images and Photos

"Don't bother just to be better than your contemporaries or predecessors, try to be better than yourself."
          -William Faulkner

That is why I try to achieve so much and work so hard I have to be better than I was yesterday, last month, and last year.

The Unemployed [but Empowered and Motivated] Entrepreneur

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment!!!!!