Monday, October 4, 2010

7 reasons you should care about Skype

Who is on Skype? The better question is who isn't on Skype? Skype is like the freak sibling of instant messenger. Do you remember how exciting it was to be able to instant get information from your friends and family? How cool it was for us to be able to chat with our loved ones without having to run up our phone bill or be inconvenienced off the computer. Skype is like that except better. Not only do you get to instantly message a person, but you can actually see them face to face no matter where you are in the world. Why should you care about Skype?

7 reasons you should care about Skype:
  • Because you can't be everywhere at once-Ever wanted to go to a conference or seminar or hang with your friends but couldn't make it for one reason or another? Skype allows you to be fully involved in all of those things as if you were actually there. Also it allows you to take your business national or global with the click of a button.

  • If you work from home, you don't have to leave-Often times, I have some serious momentum going while working from home but need to have a quick meeting with either a client, a partner, or a contractor. It takes a lot of energy to leave home and meet them somewhere. Instead of gassing up the car, I simply open up my Skype and have a quick meeting.

  • It's faster than a face to face meeting-Have you every realized how much energy and time it takes to get ready for a face to face meeting? You have to get up, get dressed, drive, park, and find a spot at the location of your choice. Although it's great to have that human to human contact, sometimes it's just not convenient. With Skype, all you have to be is presentable and in a quiet area and you can have that same meeting with less energy and time.

  • Everyone can get involved-Remember how cool conference calls where? Okay, I have to admit, they are still kinda cool. But now you can take conference calls to the next level. Now you can actually see the people you are conferencing with no matter where in the world they are.

  • The features-My favorite feature of Skype is the screen share. You can literally share your screen with someone without having to worry about passing viruses (S/O to flu season ;))With the click of a button, you can show off that presentation, picture, or document INSTANTLY. It's the coolest thing I've ever seen so I'm always trying to find a reason to use it.

  • It's easy to work with-Skype is so easy....my mom can use it. And that's not a lie. After watching the introductory video, I learned everything I needed to know to use Skype for my basic needs. If I had questions or wanted to get fancy, all I had to do was either explore it for myself or watch another video.

  • It's free-Last but certainly not least, Skype is free. You get all these great things and then some for free. Who can beat that?


Check out the video below and find out even more reason to get on Skype. I'd share my user name with you, but I'm pretty particular so....Tweet me instead @soaeventconcept



The Unemployed [but Empowered and Skyping] Entrepreneur

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment!!!!!