Wednesday, October 27, 2010

To Unsubscribe or not to unsubscribe...

When you’ve finally found the job should you unsubscribe from those job alerts and notifications?

Recently, I got a new job (that I LOVE!) but lately it seems like those job notifications and alerts are becoming more spam-like than helpful. I was a subscriber to many sites that offered alerts on new jobs, emails from future employers, and special notices about seminars and meetings. Now that I have successfully landed the job of my dreams, I'm not sure if I should even continue to be a subscriber to some of these sites. Don't get me wrong, some of them have more to offer me than who is hiring in my area and those are the ones that I am more willing to continue to subscribe to, then there are the others that just seem to send me the same things over and over again.

I've fallen into a conundrum wondering if I should unsubscribe or not. On the one hand, it's good to continue to be a subscriber just in case things don't work out at this job or even to send my unemployed and seeking friends any information I find. However, on the other hand it just seems so unnecessary now. How many times per day do I need to get a notification about jobs in my area or which 20 companies my profile has attracted?

All in all, I unsubscribed from the ones who at first seemed to offer me everything I was looking for and eventually faded to the background. I continued my subscription with companies who offer me more than job offerings. At the end of the day, most things in life are about compromise. Certainly, I have a job now but someone I know doesn't and with the high levels of fear that exist in our everyday lives, it's better to be safe than sorry.

To unsubscribe or not? Both because you need your sanity and you never know...

The Unemployed [but Empowered and Compromising] Entrepreneur

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment!!!!!