"A vision board is a tool used to help clarify, concentrate and maintain focus on a specific life goal. Literally, a vision board is any sort of board on which you display images that represent whatever you want to be, do or have in your life."Courtesy of Make A Vision Board.com
In my personal life I have three vision boards: a digital one that is the background picture on my laptop since I am always on it, another one that serves as personal inspiration with pictures of my female role models, and one that I created with the boyfriance.
The reason why I chose to do three is because of separate goals and separate impacts I wanted to make on my own life. You don't have to do three, but it is always good to do at least one every year. You and your business can really benefit from it.
Five Ways Your Business Can Benefit From A Vision Board:
- As an owner, you can visually see and project your goals to others within the company. Want to increase traffic in a particular area? Want a specific department to step their game up? Creating a vision board with your company's annual or quarterly goals can help you get your message across.
- Has your boss ever tried to boost the morale of all the employees with sugary snacks or awkward 5 minute meetings? You leave those meetings wondering what the point of it was and feeling like you're on a sugary joy ride. With a vision board "party" at the office, the boss can better boost the morale of their employees by allowing them to work together for a common goal on something that's not necessarily work. Also, the employees have the opportunity to have their voice heard by adding their part to the board.
- I've heard of CEOs hiring life and business coaches to create team building events for their company. They have games from the old, trust games to the get the chip off your shoulder games. All of those are great, but how does it cause all the employees to work well together and get to know each other? A corporation wide vision board "party" can be a great team building event. Departments can get to know each other and CEOs can get down to their employees level.
- The point of a vision board isn't just to visually see your goals, it's meant to be a tool to track performance. It helps you to track your achievements and move on to the next. Bosses can see how their company's progress and achievements are going. They can also see where improvements need to happen for company growth.
- A vision board can be a lot of things to a plethora of people, but the main thing it will always be no matter if you are a boss, employee, entrepreneur, or unemployed is a fantastic motivational tool. When you can effectively visualize your goals, you are more motivated to achieve them.
So, my dear bosses. Try it! All you need are poster boards, magazines/ pictures/ graphs, and art supplies. So what's stopping you? Visualize your company's greatness.
The Unemployed [but Empowered and Goal Achieving] Entrepreneur