Monday, June 6, 2011

Motivational Monday: On negativity

Yesterday, and on any given day, I perused my twitter timeline. Normally I get plenty of inspirational quotes, sayings, anecdotes along with what my followers are doing at the moment. The one update I get tired of seeing in my time line are the tweets about negativity. Whether it's about what someone is doing or not doing, the subtweets on my timeline can be pretty brutal. Or even worse the people who only tweet about the negative things that are going on in their life.

Don't get me wrong, sometimes we all need to vent and sometimes we do it through social media, but if every other tweet of yours is about what he/she said, what he/she is doing or not, or about your "haters" I get so tired of it. There literally could not be that much negativity in one person's life without them attracting it.

Have you ever noticed that the things you dwell on you seem to get the most of? When your car has problems and all you think about are the problems your car has, your car seems to have MORE problems? Or when you are broke, you can't get passed the absence of the money to focus on the abundance of it and as a result you stay broke even when you receive money? The Universe provides you with what you dwell on the most. So if you dwell on negativity and the negative things in your life...guess what? That's what you will receive!

Today's Motivational Monday quote is about forgetting the negative and focusing on the positive. It's a personal quote that I try to live by whenever I feel myself focusing on the negative:
"Negativity is a choice. The day you choose to be positive and have a positive outlook on life is the day your life and relationships change..."
       -Me

Try it. For one day, wake up with the purpose of having a good and positive day and notice how the sun seems brighter, people seem friendlier, things seem to manifest themselves out of no where. Negativity harbors negativity, but if you would simply see the silver lining in any situation you will be a better person for it.

So choose to see the positive and focus on it and not let the negative rule your life.

The Unemployed [and positively outlooking] Entrepreneur

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment!!!!!