Thursday, June 9, 2011

Ode to the supporters

I remember when I was moving having so much stuff to pack and load and move. It was overwhelming and hard. Clearly I needed help, but I felt like I could do it myself. A lot of the time I like to think of myself as a superwoman...in all my 5'1" splendor. As I closed the last box to the last of my things, I realized I couldn't have even moved into my old place without the help of my supporters. It was in that moment that I realized that as much of a superwoman as I like to think I am, I will always have supporters who are ready, willing, and prepared to help me whenever I need it and even whenever I don't think I need it.

I said that to say this. When you are on your journey through life, you have to realize that you are not on that journey alone. Whether you open your eyes or not, there will be people there to support you and your endeavors without wanting a piece of the prize. When you realize you have these people in your life, it's a part of your job to thank them, appreciate them, and let them know how you feel. Nothing is worse than supporting someone who doesn't even appreciate the support.

So this is my ode to my supporters, specifically those who have been helping and supporting my company from the inside. Of course I love and appreciate ALL of my supporters on the outside, but I need to give a special shout of to my first assistant EVER!

A. Welch for being the first and setting the standard. For learning me and knowing me well. For going above and beyond what I needed of her. For still being a powerful support and force in my life even to this day! I thank you honey for everything yesterday, today, and in the future!

DemeJay for letting me inspire you and being my inspiration. Who knew that you could learn so much at the same time you are teaching. I enjoy your passion and encourage your enthusiasm to take your life to the next level. You do hold the power to be whatever it is you want to be, it all starts now!

I know in the future I will have plenty more to thank, but for now I had to give a special shout-out to my wonderful assistants!

The Unemployed Entrepreneur

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment!!!!!