Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Will Smith: Running and Reading are the Keys to Life

I have two younger brothers who look up to me to guide them, advise them, and inspire them as only their big sister could. I've tried my best to provide them with examples of how to be the best them they can be by being the best me I can be. I feel like now-a-days it's getting harder and harder to provide kids with just the right inspiration as they are inundated with misleading images and ill-equipped idols. Not only do they have the misfortune of dealing with a school system and society that is failing them (at least in America), but they also have to deal with celebrities providing them with false sense of success.

I really like this video because although it's directed towards kids anyone can take something from it. Will Smith is quite an influential person in Hollywood so I thought it was very great that he wanted to instill such a powerful lesson to the kids at the Nickelodeon Kids Choice Awards.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment!!!!!