Monday, August 23, 2010

Weekend Rejuvenation

Ahhhh! The weekend. Our mini vacay. The time where everything that happened during the week doesn't matter and we have the chance to restore ourselves.

I'll admit it. Last week, I had a serious breakdown in spirit. My whole week was spent pretty much laying in bed, flipping through channels, asking myself "why me and why the job market?" I applied to a several positions, hoping for the best but still ended up getting "rejection notices" or nothing at all. It was a dark week for me. My personal pity party affected my writing, my creative thinking, my motivation to do ANYTHING. But by Saturday night, I was tired of being in a self-induced depressive state when normally I'm pretty happy and optimistic.



unmotivated Pictures, Images and Photos


But honestly, I don't think companies realize that they have the power to reconcile the economy and the unemployment rate. When companies are afraid to spend some money to hire new people, everyone loses. Conversely, their fear of hiring quality employees is how new ideas, inventions, and jobs get created. It may take a while for the economy to recognize their innovation, but it does happen.

So here I am, The Unemployed Entrepreneur. Although I will continue to be upset with these multi billion dollar companies and their lack of helping the common man versus themselves, I'll try my best not to let that though dominate my writing, my creativity, and most importantly my MOTIVATION.

"Don't wait until everything is just right. It will never be perfect. There will always be challenges, obstacles and less than perfect conditions. So what. Get started now. With each step you take, you will grow stronger and stronger, more and more skilled, more and more self-confident and more and more successful."
                         --Mark Victor Hansen

The Unemployed Entrepreneur

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment!!!!!