Friday, September 3, 2010

Hello, Good Morning

I took the time out this morning on my business twitter page [@soaeventconcept] to tell some new people "Good Morning." It's a new thing I'm trying out after reading numerous newsletters, getting advice and emails about correctly utilizing Social Media to connect with clients and other businesses.

Being an advertising graduate, I soaked this information up. We use twitter to have our voice heard on the internet, be a part of the trending topics, get freebies from companies around the world [Shout out to Shoegasm for the free t-shirt!], but as a business how do we stay with the times in communication?

Back in the day, before my time, newspapers were the fastest and most efficient way to get your publicity game up. You submitted your press release, business profile, or news and they published it. Now we have so many avenues to submit our business information that we take it for granted.

Taking the time out to send a shout-out, "hello," or "how are you" not only disassociates you from the many fake and spam pages out there, it also shows that you are genuinely interested in interacting with the people around you and getting your business and yourself out there.

Needless to say, sending a quick "good morning" to some new people increased not only exposure to my business, but it also increased my followers. All because I took the time out to say "Hello, Goodmorning!"

The Unemployed Entrepreneur

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment!!!!!