Thursday, December 23, 2010

SOA Event Design: The Holiday Table Scape

As SOA Event Concepts grows, so does my ambition to take it to the next level. Eventually I want to get into the event and interior design field with my company, as well as other avenues. As the holidays approach, it seemed like the perfect opportunity to test my design skills. Special thank you to my friends, Mattie and Chris James, for allowing me to test my design skills in their dining room.

Look at some of the left over holiday decor or the off season decor you have lying around the house and let your creative mind do the decorating. Use these photos for inspiration for your upcoming holiday party or holiday dinner decor.

Glitz and Snow: A Contemporary Design
This design was inspired by the large mosaic vases. With an emphasis on the color silver showcased in different ways and pops of purple, this design can go beyond just any holiday party. It's perfect for a New Years dinner!

Wish
Most of us wish for happiness and family time for the holidays. Make your wishes known. A nice decorative display lets everyone know what you're thinking. With pine cone and red ornament accents, you can transform your dinner table or buffet into a beautiful holiday display. *SOA secret: turn a clear square vase on its side, fill it with decorative ornaments and you've instantly created a neat display stand*



Roman Holiday
I was inspired by the gold fruit and pedestal vases for this design. Going along with the holiday theme, Christmas ornaments went from tree decor to table design instantly. The little horn accents where cleverly added as place card or menu holders and centerpiece accents.

Deck the Halls

Poinsettias, THE holiday flower. Or at least I like to think so. I allowed the Poinsettias to be the star of this tablescape and added a simple touch with the ornaments by hanging them from the chandelier. It was a nice touch as it appears to be hovering over the pedestal vases. An assortment of candles finishes the look off. *SOA secret: who says all of your candles have to match or strictly be votives? Add some pizazz by adding scented and/or colored candles to your display*

I had a great time putting together these displays and diving into the artistic side of my creativity. To check out more inspiration, Like us on Facebook and browse our album I hope these designs give you a ton of ideas and inspiration for how to decorate for your holiday party or dinner.

The Unemployed [but Empowered] Entrepreneur


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment!!!!!